Because the future isn't going to pay for itself.
Your rainy-day funds aren't going to just fall out of the sky. Your big-picture plans, projects and dreams won't magically appear in a puff of smoke. And there's no ready-made pot of gold to pay for your golden years. But there's good news, too. Every one of us has the ability to build our own sunny tomorrows. And we're happy to help out with a variety of savings tools designed for every financial need.
This is Milepost Zero of your savings journey. Set a goal. Then start setting aside a little money at a time. Before long, you'll have built a strong financial foundation. From there, the sky's the limit.
- Our standard savings account with a minimum opening deposit of $100
- Earn competitive interest
- Make deposits and track progress with online and digital banking
- Minimum balance fee applied if balance falls below $100
- Overdraft “Sweep” Service enables you to transfer funds from this account to a linked Taylor Bank checking in the event of an overdraft
Health Savings Account (HSA)
The only thing worse than you or a loved one getting sick or injured? Not being able to afford the best care. These special accounts can bring financial comfort when you need it the most.
- Works in conjunction with a high-deductible health care plan (HDHP)
- Contribute money each year to pay for a wide range of medical, dental, vision care and prescription expenses
- Deposits earn competitive interest
- Tax advantages help you stretch your medical savings even further
- Unlike employer medical plans, HSAs follow you from job to job
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
Hang out with the grandkids. Or hang glide from a mountaintop. Whatever your vision of retirement, you can save up the money you need for good living with these tax-advantaged accounts.
- Traditional and Roth IRAs available
- Contribute up to $6,000 a year ($7,000 if over age 50)
- May have greater earnings than a standard savings account
- With a Traditional IRA, you may be able to take a tax deduction every year you make a contribution.
- With a Roth IRA, all withdrawals are tax-free
- With both Traditional and Roth IRAs, your annual interest and dividend income is tax-free *
Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
Tuition due next semester. There's a CD for that. Need to replace the car next year? There's a CD for that. Planning a big lifestyle move a few years down the line? Yes, there's a CD for that, too. Our Certificates of Deposit put you in control of your financial future by giving you the freedom to save for any time period you choose.
- Certificates of Deposit range from 6 to 24 months
- CDs generally earn a higher rate than standard savings accounts
- In general, longer term CDs feature higher rates
No-risk investment with deposits up to $250,000 insured by the FDIC
IntraFi Network Deposits
- Access multi-million dollar FDIC insurance and earn interest**
- For individuals, businesses of all types, nonprofits, public fund managers or other large-dollar depositors
- Required minimum opening balance as low as $35,000
*Contact your personal tax advisor for guidance on the tax advantages of IRAs
**Placement of funds through the ICS service is subject to the terms, conditions, and disclosures in the service agreements, including the Deposit Placement Agreement (“DPA”). Limits and customer eligibility criteria apply. Although funds are placed at destination banks in amounts that do not exceed the FDIC standard maximum deposit insurance amount (“SMDIA”), a depositor’s balances at the relationship institution that places the funds may exceed the SMDIA (e.g., before ICS settlement for a deposit or after ICS settlement for a withdrawal) or be ineligible for FDIC insurance (if the relationship institution is not a bank). ICS, Insured Cash Sweep, and One Bank. One Rate. One Statement are registered service marks of Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC.
At Taylor Bank, giving back to the community is part of our culture. For 130 years, we remain committed to reinvesting your money locally to help our community grow.
Taylor Bank, founded in 1890, is a full-service community bank with 12 branches located throughout the eastern coastal area of the Delmarva Peninsula, including Worcester County, Maryland, Sussex County, Delaware and Accomack County, Virginia.