Getting organized just got a whole lot easier.
There's a pile of papers on your desk. And another stack on the coffee table. Somewhere in that clutter your bank statement sits like buried treasure. At Taylor Bank, we have a better idea. Each month, we'll send out an email when your statement is ready. Just log into Online Banking and - presto! - your account data will be right there at your fingertips whenever you need it.
- Make use of your monthly statements to track spending patterns, locate a specific transaction or simply build a better budget.
- E-Statements are available days before a mailed statement would arrive.
- Cut down on household clutter and do your part to reduce overall paper consumption.
- E-Statements from the previous 18 months are archived and easily accessible. That includes check images.
- Reduce the risk of someone obtaining your account data from misplaced or stolen mail.
For Assistance and More Info
- For help with eStatements, check out our eStatement FAQ or call the Electronic Services Department at 410-641-1700.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enroll in eStatements?
Online Banking is required. Once enrolled in Online Banking, follow these easy steps to enroll in eStatements:
- Login to your Online Banking account.
- Click on the "eStatements" tab.
- Click on Details to customize which accounts you wish to enroll (all available accounts are automatically enrolled unless you click on Details to modify).
- Confirm your email address.
- Create a Security Phrase. Taylor Bank will include this phrase in the subject line of any email regarding you eStatements. Be sure to check for your Security Phrase before clicking on any links or attachments.
- Enter the enrollment passcode which appears when you click the link.
- Read and Accept the Disclosure. You must scroll to the end of the disclosure window, then check the box to agree to the terms, and click Enroll Now.
Which accounts are eligible for enrollment?
Checking accounts, Savings accounts, Loan accounts, Time Deposits, and Health Savings accounts are eligible for enrollment. Any account you wish to enroll must be added to your Online Banking account prior to enrollment.
How long are eStatements stored online?
Your eStatements will be available online for up to 18 months. If you would like to keep them longer, you must print them or save them to your computer or other storage medium.
My statement is no longer available online. How do I receive a copy of my statement?
You can receive a copy of your statement by calling our Deposit Operations Department at 410-641-1700 ext. 0160. You may also ask for a copy at any of our branches.
I previously enrolled in eStatements and just opened a new account. Is that account automatically enrolled in eStatements?
No. You must add your new account to your Online Banking account and then enroll the new account. To enroll the new account, log into your Online Banking account, click on the eStatements tab, and then Documents and Settings. Place a check mark in the box next to the new account and click on Save.
If I close my NetTeller Online Banking account, will I still receive eStatements?
No. You must have an Online Banking account to receive eStatements. If you close your Online Banking account, you will receive your statements via mail.
Is there a charge for eStatements?
Online Banking and eStatements are both offered free of charge.
Can I un-enroll in eStatements?
Yes, you can un-enroll in eStatements at anytime. just log into your Online Banking account and click on the eStatement tab. Then click on Documents and Settings. Remove the check mark from the boxes next to the accounts you wish to un-enroll and click on Save.
I previously un-enrolled from eStatements. How do I re-enroll?
You can re-enroll at any time by selecting your accounts under the eStatements tab in your Online Banking.
What format are eStatements saved as?
All eStatements are saved as PDF documents.
Who do I contact for questions regarding transactions on my eStatement?
Please contact the Deposit Operations Department at 410-641-1700 ext. 0160.
Who do I contact if I have questions about the eStatement service?
Please contact the Electronic Services Department at 410-641-1700 ext. 0150.
Third party data and internet fees may apply.
Taylor Bank, founded in 1890, is a full-service community bank with 12 branches located throughout the eastern coastal area of the Delmarva Peninsula, including Worcester County, Maryland, Sussex County, Delaware and Accomack County, Virginia.