What are the requirements for Taylor Bank’s Mobile Deposit?
- You must be enrolled in Online Banking. Once enrolled, go to the Options tab, then Mobile Settings and select the accounts you would like to be available for mobile access.
- Next, download and log into the Taylor Bank mobile app which is available for iOS or Android devices.
- Select Deposits, enter your information and select the accounts you wish to enable for mobile deposit. That's it!
- Any accounts added after you are registered for mobile deposit must be requested by contacting the Electronic Services Department at 410-641-1700.
Are there any fees to use Mobile Deposit?
We are pleased to offer Mobile Deposit service at no charge for consumer and business customers meeting all requirements.
Is electronically depositing checks safe and secure?
Yes, as a feature of Mobile Banking, it is very secure. Your personal information is protected by advanced encryption technology to prevent unauthorized access, and by default, personal information or check images are never stored on your device.
Are the check images stored on my phone?
No. All images are transferred immediately to our image processor and never stored on your mobile device.
How am I notified that my deposit has been made?
You will receive a “deposit notification” via email, with a reference number for your deposit.
When is the cutoff for making a deposit and receiving it into my account?
|For Deposits Made||Funds are Generally Available|
|Before 4 pm Eastern Standard Time business days||On the next business day after the day of your deposit|
|After 4 pm Eastern Standard Time business days||On the 2nd business day after the day of your deposit|
|Non-business days||On the 2nd business day after the day of your deposit|
|Business days are Monday through Friday except holidays.|
Examples (using normal business days):
- You use Mobile Deposit to make your deposit before 4 pm on Tuesday. Your funds will be available to you on Wednesday.
- You use Mobile Deposit to make your deposit after 4 pm Tuesday. Your funds will be available to you on Thursday.
Examples (using non-business days):
- You use Mobile Deposit to make your deposit anytime on Saturday or Sunday. Your funds will be available to you on Tuesday.
- You use Mobile Deposit to make your deposit on Monday, Memorial Day. Your funds will be available to you on Wednesday.
I used Mobile Deposit to make a deposit, but why doesn’t my balance reflect it?
Mobile Deposit works differently as it does not show “pending” deposits, so your account balance will not change until your funds are available to you as outlined above. You may review your mobile deposits under “Review Deposits” in your mobile banking until they are available. You should also receive a deposit notification email when your deposit has been accepted.
What should I do with paper checks once I have deposited them electronically?
- Store the deposited checks securely for 14 days. After that, the checks should be shredded and disposed of properly to prevent identity theft or misuse.
What types of checks can I deposit via Mobile Deposit?
The following check types can be submitted using Mobile Check Deposit:
- Personal checks payable to you
- Business checks payable to you
- Checks drawn from a United States bank, in U.S. Dollars
The following check types should not be submitted using Mobile Check Deposit:
- Traveler’s checks
- Savings bonds
- Cashier's checks
- Federal government checks / Tax Refund checks (During the COVID-19
Pandemic, Federal Checks will be accepted for mobile deposit into accounts
owned by the payee of the check)
- Foreign checks
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than you
- Stale-dated checks
- Torn / mutilated checks
*The signature on the front of the check must not go into the MICR line on the bottom of the check.
Do I still need to endorse the deposited checks?
Mobile Deposit requires a specific endorsement to prevent rejection. In addition to your normal signature, all Mobile Deposits must also include "FOR MOBILE DEPOSIT TAYLOR BANK" which must be clear and legible.
As a best practice, to ensure the most accurate reading and prevent rejection, make sure the endorsement is located on the RIGHT side while taking the picture of the check.
If the endorsement is missing, incorrect or illegible, the check will be rejected and require resubmission.
How many checks per day can I deposit?
Depending on your account type below there are limits for the number of checks per day and month and the dollar amount.
Mobile Deposit Limits
|Account Type||Daily Limit||Monthly Limit||Fee|
|$ Amount||# Eligible Items||$ Amount||# Eligible Items|
|Consumer||$2,500.00||Five (5)||$5,000.00||Ten (10)||Free|
(Includes Sole Prop.)
|$5,000.00||Ten (10)||$25,000.00||Twenty (20)||Free|
What is the best way to ensure the check image passes the image quality check?
- Taking high-quality photos of your check is the best way to ensure your mobile deposit uploaded successfully
- Make sure there is good lighting where you take the photo of your check and make sure your camera lens is clean
- Place the check on a dark surface
- Make sure the check is clearly visible - no other objects interfere and all 4 corners of the check are within the defined area
- Be sure your camera has a chance to focus on the image- being too close can make the check image blurry
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photos
- Ensure you follow all Endorsement Requirements, including proper verbiage and position, to prevent rejection.