In our continuing effort to protect our customers' accounts from fraudulent activity, Calvin B. Taylor Banking Company is utilizing a state of the art ATM Fraud Monitoring service. This service is an added layer in our security policy that protects both your privacy and financial information.
ATM Fraud Monitoring is the process of reviewing ATM and Visa Debit Card transactions for potential fraudulent activity based upon previous transaction patterns. It is designed to detect fraudulent transactions and to take appropriate actions to prevent further fraudulent attempts.
The ATM Fraud Monitoring service uses intelligent technology to create a profile of typical card activities. The profile is built by examining history of spending habits and identifying patterns in several areas including transaction types, geographic locations, and the frequency of transactions. Each incoming transaction is compared to the profile and any questionable transactions are flagged for review by an expert Fraud Analyst.
Yes. We will immediately contact the card holder in the event of a questionable transaction. We will ask the customer if they authorized the transaction. If it is not authorized, we will take immediate steps to stop the transaction from processing.
Customers should take the following steps to assist in preventing fraud:
- Keep all contact information up to date in the event that we must contact you regarding a questionable transaction
- Notify Taylor Bank if you are traveling and will be using your card in a foreign country
- Review your account activity on a regular basis and immediately notify Taylor Bank of any unauthorized transactions
- Protect your account numbers, pin numbers, and ATM or Visa Debit Cards
- Report a lost or stolen card by calling Taylor Bank's toll free 24 hour Hotline at 1-866-546-8273.
Other options to report a card lost or stolen: Call any of our branch offices during business hours or use Taylor Bank's 24 hour Telephone Banking system at 410-629-1320 or Toll free at 1-800-764-2686.